Cloud Computing Takes the Preakness: Dominate the Race with SaaS Construction Software
As I watched the Preakness on Saturday and cheered as Cloud Computing overtook Classic Empire (don’t you love horse names?), I couldn’t help but compare the similarities between the horse race and the modern-day decision most construction firms are facing. In horse racing, it rarely pays to be reactive as the field is full of highly competitive top thoroughbreds. The same can be said for highly contested construction bidding where firms seek any advantage to edge out their competition. Let’s examine how outdated business software is keeping your firm at the back of the pack while top construction firms are ditching on-premises solutions in favor of SaaS construction software.
SaaS Construction Software vs. On-Premises
Many business owners are making the move over to cloud computing software from traditional on-premises solutions. But why? As technology has improved, SaaS (Software as a Service) products have become the industry standard for data security, functionality, and ease of use. So, what are the big differences between SaaS Construction Software and on-premises software?
• Speed of Implementation | SaaS products utilize a ready-to-deploy platform which has been optimized for quick deployment. Traditional on-premises solutions require the set-up and maintenance of expensive hardware and software.
• Cost of Ownership | Typical SaaS deployments provide a lower cost of entry and reduce the internal resources required to keep things running smoothly over the entire shelf life. On-premises solutions typically entail higher entry and operations costs due to ongoing infrastructure upkeep and support.
• Concentrated Security | SaaS platforms are powered by cloud technology such as Amazon Web Services which handles accreditations, data encryptions, hardware security modules and even physical security – a multitude of factors that contribute to securing your business information. On-premises solutions require your on-site administrator to focus their time and training around deploying specialized software and practices to keep your data secure.
• Unlimited Scalability | Growing firms need to stay cognizant of future IT costs. SaaS solutions can scale up or down with little time or effort, without wasting resources. On-premises solutions require additional server hardware to accommodate for increases in users.
• Compliance with Government Standards | Cloud computing platforms go through rigorous third party audit processes. These third-party audit reports confirm that cloud providers uphold a standard to provide reliable security, confidentiality, processing integrity and privacy principles. Users of on-premises solutions handle the control of their data and systems environment. Administrators of on-premises systems are responsible for the validation and compliance with government standards.
World-Class SaaS Construction Software: See it in Action
It’s time your firm started spending more time in the winner’s circle! See how best-in-class SaaS construction software can help you sweep the competition and win the next big project!